Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Jersey Writing Project/Abydos

I just finished the day of NJWP training. It's a little bitter sweet. I would have to say this was probbly the best training I've received s far. Everyday we were given so any great ideas for teaching reading/writing. I highly recommend if you or someone you know is a teacher (pre-k through high school) to take this class. I think my favorite part was all the wonderful picture books they incorporated into the training. My Amazon wish list is ridiculous now. I have so many things I want to get for my classroom.
This class was great, but it was also challenging. It pushed me to write about a variety of differnt topics. Some of which a little out of my comfort zone. The great thing about it was sharing in groups. I really thought it would be awful and embarrassing, but everyone was so encouraging it built my confidence as a writer. I will definitely be incorporating tha into my classroom.
A few days during our lunch break I had my coupons there to cut and file away and several people became quite intriqued by this.So last week when we started our extensive writing piece I was strongly encouraged by many in the class to write a how to paper on couponing. Even though we're done with the class I'm still doing some tweeking, but I'll post it soon for those of you who have not perfected the art of couponing. There is so much you can do.
As a culmination of the week, we (about 30 of us) went to BJ's Brewhouse for lunch. The food was great, as always. However, there were some serious communication break downs between the waiter and our table. After several of us received the wrong food, we were given the wrong tickets, then waited over 45 minutes for the right ticket. It was absolutely ridiculous.
Now I have 2 weeks left of summer break. One of which will be spent in California with family. I'm so excited to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment