Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Reading What I Want to Read

I love summer vacation because it is the time I get to read the books I want to read. A good friend of mine, Melissa, recommended a book by Colleen Coble called Abomination. It was definitely a page turner. It was almost impossible to put down. I'm the kind of person that has to be drawn into the book in the first pages or I won't finish it. This book totally caught my interest immediately. The author does a great job of giving details so you fell like you are in the story. Often times I'll read a book and be able to tell you the ending about halfway through. That is certainly not the case with this story. Abomination had many twists and turns. I love being surprised as I'm reading. It keeps me interested in the story.

The whole time I'm reading this book I'm telling my mom how great it is. So, of course when I finished the book I passed it on to her to read. She loved it as well.

That same friend who recommended the book has a blog, MelissaStuff, with great giveaways and money saving ideas. When she posted about a Barnes & Noble blowout sale I went to their website immediately. I ordered 3 more books by Colleen Coble. Two of which are part of her Rock Harbor Series. I have been getting them in the mail all week. It's like Christmas every time I get a new book. I just started reading one, so I'll let you know what I think soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment